Sunday, January 24, 2010

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania September 19, 2009

  Happy 50th Birthday Lynn 039

  Happy 50th Birthday Lynn 011

Happy 50th Birthday Lynn 006

.  Connie remarked back in September that she missed being part of our daily life and wanted to keep up with the exciting things we were doing.  I resisted blogging for awhile, since I was under the false assumption that I could just email pictures of the family to family in other states.  One minor problem was that I had too many pictures and not enough memory on my email to send them!  I had to cave, and start a blog.  But, unfortunately, I just began where in October and the family was never able to see the event that started all this talk of blogging!  Now, direct from my computer picture file, you are able to view some seen and some never before seen pictures of how Mike, Dad and I spent his birthday on  Saturday September 19, 2009.Happy 50th Birthday Lynn 012

Pittsburgh was playing the San Diego Padres, a California team no less, but we got these free hats and right then decided to root for the Pirates!Happy 50th Birthday Lynn 018

It was a hot day, and Dad wanted to sit in the shade, so that’s what our 20 dollar tickets got us!  This is Dad’s birthday meal---barbecued burger, beans, coleslaw---Not bad, since as you know,  I like my food!

Happy 50th Birthday Lynn 022

The free t-shirt toss didn’t even come close to us!

Happy 50th Birthday Lynn 025

I don’t know the Pirate Parrot’s name, (couldn’t find it with my research on the net) but he’s one of two mascot’s for the team.  The pirate above is the other, of course!Happy 50th Birthday Lynn 028

This was probably the most exciting shot of the game!  Final score was Padres 2, Pittsburgh 1 (talk about boring)!  San Diego scored one run in the third inning and the ninth inning and Pittsburgh scored in the first inning only!  (Good eye, good eye)!!!!

Happy 50th Birthday Lynn 029

Now, since some people have a hard time following my blogs because of their length, I will just add more pictures of the day, and the next.  It will be your job to add a caption or two to the comments at the end!  Enjoy and Happy 50th Year Handsome Bar!  Bar with the umlaut means bear in German for anyone who doesn’t know!

Mike, Drew, DUP 008

Mike, Drew, DUP 033 Mike, Drew, DUP 044

Mike, Drew, DUP 043

Mike, Drew, DUP 046

Mike, Drew, DUP 049 Mike, Drew, DUP 050

Mike, Drew, DUP 055

Mike, Drew, DUP 066

Mike, Drew, DUP 067

Mike, Drew, DUP 070

Mike, Drew, DUP 062Mike, Drew, DUP 064

Mike, Drew, DUP 075  

Mike, Drew, DUP 076

Mike, Drew, DUP 078

Mike, Drew, DUP 005

Mike, Drew, DUP 065

Mike, Drew, DUP 053

Mike, Drew, DUP 080

Mike, Drew, DUP 084

Mike, Drew, DUP 081

Mike, Drew, DUP 056 Mike, Drew, DUP 013

Mike, Drew, DUP 004   Mike, Drew, DUP 041Mike, Drew, DUP 002

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a really great day! A great way to celebrate my 50th birthday. Can you believe that I turned 50? I asked for a totally frivolous thing: a Nintendo DSI. I didn't need it, but wanted a real toy that has no purpose than to waste some time. I figured I deserve it. I have worked hard all of my life and I thought that I deserved something totally frivolous! I also asked and got some Arabic study materials, which is a little more practical, but I want to learn that language, so as serious a request that gift was, I guess it was frivolous too! JED

wowteacher said...

Bar, It was a great 3 days (I also enjoyed the ROAD TRIP with you and Mike)! Your 50th Birthday was totally awesome, and I am glad you got some of the things you like and deserve! Don't give up your goal of visiting all the ballparks in the country with your kids and grandkids. Remember, like we talked about tonight, we have this lifetime to accomplish our goals---just guard those goals sacred as you do anything else important to you. Remember my goal---50 states by the time I am 50 (or at least in my 50th year)! I have about 4 years to accomplish this. Because I have you to support me, I am sure to do it! I love bar. 50 looks great on you! I'm loving you at 50 more than I did when you were 24! Love, Honey

Anne said...

That's what you get for rooting for the pirates! I mean really Where are your roots family???
I also got a chuckle out of that "Some people have a problem with the length" line..thanks mom couldn't be more obvious! lol
If I had to give it a caption I would go with "pirates life for me!!!" liked the post.

wowteacher said...

So true Anne! We betrayed our "country", so sorry. I love your caption! It's the winner so far, but we'll see if your brother or sister has better!

ConnieB said...

Mom- did you make that cake?? SEE you should've had captions at least. haha! You can never win... you write too MUCH too LITTLE. haha I love you. No, write away because I love your blog and words. I'm so glad you blogged about that fun day- every picture of dad cracks me up. You can see old age has been kind to him- he's starting to get used to your massive picture taking (any thoughts on how I can get tony to warm up to it?) Anyways props on the free hats. Free is where it's at! :p

ConnieB said...

bahaha! I had to go back and laugh at the pictures again.. in a GOOD way mind you. I loved mikes irritated expressions. Oh man you guys slay me.

Melody said...

Connie, I accidentally posted my reply comment to the blog about Clara's skirt. Please read! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

connie, of course i get annoyed at too much picture taking, always have and always will... anyways those wedgies were the best I ever had.....
mike

Melody said...

I'm glad you enjoyed those wedgies. Maybe I will give you another wedgie when you come to visit since you enjoy them so much! Love you!---Love, Mom

Post a Comment