Sunday, March 13, 2011

Run for your Life! (And other lives too)! Saturday March 12, 2011

I I was invited by Perris to come visit him this year in Provo, Utah.  This is how we spent the day today.: We ran the Rex Lee Cancer Cure Run in Provo, Utah, and despite the hills, and elevation, we both did well for ourselves and enjoyed the cause.  We have plans to run it again next year!  After that, we took Sandy (the car) to get fixed at Sears, and then went to Wingers in the  mall to eat! After that, we shopped for new running shoes for Perris, since the pair he had on today gave him blisters (he had them since high school)!  After our shopping, we saw Battle:  Los Angeles, and yesterday we saw Rango, so the movie posters are appropriate.  After the movie, we came back to the hotel to watch BYU basketball.  Later, we shopped for food for a dinner I am making Marian's family tomorrow, but today, Perris treated me to a homemade meal extraordinaire!  It was truly a wonderous day! 

7 comments:

ConnieB said...

Perris- I want that recipe- It looks so good! And what a fun trip for you both... reminds me of the times you and I would have when you visited ME at BYU (:
Fly home safe! BTW, Tony wants to see both of those movies- what did you think of them?

Melody said...

I thought they both had their good points, but Rango is NOT a kid movie, it had far too much cussing in it for that. I think there was less cussing in the 2nd one. Love, Mom

Mike said...

I saw Battle LA. I liked it... especially because it has my old unit in it and a lot of the places in it are places that Ive been to. Plus, the aliens are more believable than in comparable alien movies. My friend made the comment that their technology looked like advanced human technology and not like "other sci-fi alien technology" Plus, the Army uniforms weren't in a noticable jacked up state like they usually are in movies of this kind. Anyways, it looks like you had fun mom and im glad you did... im just a bit jealous of the wingers ;) YUM YUM...I LOVE WINGERS! (and everyone knows that usually im not much for chicken)

JED ROCK said...

I haven't seen either movie, didn't have any fun this past weekend, and I am extremely jealous of Merris... I am glad they had fun, but jeeze, did you have to rub it in?

Mike, you have become me. I look at war movies with that critical eye, "Did they get the Uniforms right?" Sorry son.

PERRIS said...

Just noticed I havent commented on this. I swore I did. Oh well.
I really enjoyed our weekend mommy! it inspired me to set the goal to go running at least twice a week. So far so good.
And connie, sorry, you cant have the recepie. It was store bought meat. But it wasnt that good (in my opinion, mom liked it) so dont worry.

Mike said...

so where is the blog about the motorcycle?!? I WANT TO SEE PICTURES!!!! you said you would blog about it 2 Nephi 9:34!!!!

ConnieB said...

MOm it's time to blog. Just sayin (;

Post a Comment